Sunday, February 20, 2011

Oklahoma City

Writing from Oklahoma City! I've spent the weekend at the Prairie Classic quarter horse show with friends. It's been quite a while since I've been to a horse show -- and it's reminded me how much I like the shows, even if I'm not showing. It's made me want to think more about how I could make another go of it with the equine massage. The combination of horse shows, road trips, friends and work is a winning combination. If only I could make enough money, on a regular basis, to more than break even! If I had the upfront cash, I could invest in an acuscope machine and broaden my scope of practice (pardon the pun). But I don't. The cold, hard fact is that you need cold, hard cash to make more. So right now -- unless a stellar opportunity comes along -- I'll settle for going to a show here and there for fun. No pressure to make ends meet, just go and cheer on friends. If I get horses to work on, that's the icing on the cake.
Off to the show!

No comments: