Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Big Chill

Now that was cold! Thankfully, the sun came out and the temperature rose 37 degrees from this. It turned out to be a beautiful day, and Mother Nature (and the weatherman!) are going to ease us into warmer weather. 30s on Friday, 40s on Saturday, 50s on Sunday. I can't wait!

We ventured out to play in the snow. The snow plow went by this morning. Well, it's not a snow plow--they use the road grader to move the snow. Hey, it works! I'm pretty sure the mailman wasn't too impressed, though.
Since tennis balls just sink in the snow, I sent Baxter to play with his red "Jolly Egg." This $14 toy gives him hours of OCD entertainment. He can't bite into it and deflate it (like he has numerous other toys), and ends up scooting it everywhere. The snow made it way more fun for him.
But not for me. He somehow got that thing over the snowbank, through the trees and into the creek. Great.
I waded into the snow and down a path we use in the summertime, and with some "help" from Baxter (he got into the frigid water!), the current and a long stick, I retreived the egg. I was pretty proud of myself for not falling into the creek. That would have been really fun.




No comments: