Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Nation's Grief

I planned to do another blog about a specific "Baptist Church" today, but after giving it some thought and finding out they did not picket a child's funeral today, I decided to scrap that. I wrote about this organization last February (Here's Your Sign), and they've been back in the news lately in relation to the violence in Tucson.

I hesitate to call them a church because they go against every fiber of Christian beliefs. Their website is pretty offensive, right down to the upside-down American flag, and the judgments they cast on others. While they take glee in quoting out-of-context Bible verses they feel justify their beliefs, they've skipped over several thousand other verses in the Bible. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" -- sound familiar?

And so instead of finger-pointing--and opening up the whole First Amendment and right to bear arms debat--I just want to say how very sorry I am for all the people affected by the shooting. I've spent a little time in Tucson, and it's a neat city. I can't imagine the grief, fear and pain going through the hearts of those affected.

No comments: