Thursday, April 1, 2010

Chicago!

Hello from Chicago! No, it's not an April Fool's joke. I've been looking forward to this trip for about 2 months. It's finally here!

As usual, I got to the airport way too early. After an uneventful flight (which means I only had sweaty palms and heart palpitations during takeoff & landing), I worked my way to the Blue Line at O'Hare, got off the subway at the right station, lugged my suitcase up flights & flights of stairs. And then yet another flight to get up to street level & sunshine! After a quick detour into Potbelly Sandwich Works, I made it to Union Station. No problem for this country chick.

I only tripped one person, and only took one wrong turn. Now I'm sitting on the Metra train, waiting to depart Union Station for Lisle. Once there, it's a leisurely stroll to Brenda's house, where she has a key hidden for me in a super-duper top-secret location. There's a pit bull and a French mastiff in the house, but they know me, so I'm expecting some big, stinky doggy lovoing while we wait for Bee and Ms. Sophia to get home.
Ciao for now!

No comments: