Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Birthday Fairy

I was visited by the "Birthday Fairy" yesterday. She wasn't too much of a bitch. (The inspiration is thanks to a certain person who sent me the funny card.)


It was a good day. I don't feel as old as my age, thankfully. I got a few treasured birthday hugs, lots of emails, my Facebook page was swamped with greetings, and I got to spend time with some of my favorite people! I even got a home-cooked meal, courtesy of Stephanie, with about a dozen college kids who made me feel, well, old.


A free birthday frappucino at Starbucks. Caramel, if you must know. If you have a Starbucks gift card, (thanks, Joni!) you can get a free drink of your choice at Starbucks! They don't check or anything -- at least at the one we went to -- so I wonder if this could be something I could try more than once a year? Just kidding.


Stephanie treated me to a dee-lish cupcake at Rick's Bakery in Fayetteville today. I couldn't decide between a wedding cake cupcake, a kamikaze brownie or a carrot cake cupcake. The cream-cheese frosting on the latter won out.
Sorry for the "quality" -- my camera phone isn't quite up to par when compared to other photos.

Plus, I got to spend some time playing with the camera in a pasture of horses. This shot's my favorite:


The birthday celebration will continue through part of the weekend. I'm off to see the Wizard on Saturday with Liam & Joyce.








No comments: