Monday, February 22, 2010

The Wild Life

No, not that kind of wildness. Although I did have a great time at the Threads, Bread & Red gathering this weekend.


Hoping that it will help spring be on her way a little faster, I've been doing some spring cleaning and the usual furniture rearranging that comes along with it. (Gotta get that dog hair out from under the couch and behind the desk....) I don't like clutter, but the way my house is set up gives me limited options for rearranging.


I think I hit the jackpot this time. I created a little "reading nook" (no pun intended) in one corner, by a window. It gives me the best of both worlds: a cozy place to sit and read either an actual paper book or my nook -- and look out the window at the creek across the road once in a while. Plus, Baxter can snuggle up on the chair's ottoman and look out the window to his heart's content.


That dog has great eyesight. Today, he started barking and staring at something outside. I could not figure out what it was. Just when I was about to give up on figuring out what the invisible visitor was, three deer walked across the creek.



That's about as close as I can get with my camera. Not a bad view!

No comments: