Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Another Festive Weekend

Around here, the fun and festivals never seem to end! This past weekend was the 3rd annual Thomas Hollow Art Celebration. The weather was absolutely perfect, we had a few more people this year, and everyone had a good time. I was a bit under the weather and didn't take as many photos as I planned.

The Festival often serves as a once-a-year gathering for some people. It's also camp-out time for some. Some people bring their musical instruments to play around the campfire. Others bring their horses to trail ride for the weekend. This year, we got off to a bit of a rocky start. One of the horses camped out had some sort of a freak accident & had to be put down. Hugs and tears to his dear owner, this has to be a difficult week for her.

On a brighter note, we finally got to meet Jen's cute twin girls. She and her husband were every bit the proud & doting parents. I think there was a line at Bill's woodturning booth -- everyone wanted to hold the cuties and squeeze their cheeks. I wanted to, but didn't want to share my germs.

And the art. We had almost every craft imaginable. From the funky:

Some super-cool paintings, which looked right at home on the barn.

There was also stained glass, sewing, quilting, woodworking, organic wine, aromatherapy/herbal products, crocheting, paper crafts, preserves, photography, woodburning and massage -- and more things that I cannot remember. (Sorry if I left you out!)

Sunday evening a few of us went to Fayetteville for a girls' night out and had a blast. We stayed at Maggie's house, since it is a bad drive to make at night & we had to take Jessica (aka the California Flash) to the airport. She is going to kill me for this, but you could tell that she wasn't really enthusiastic about going home:


Monday morning, we slept in, headed out for coffee and breakfast, then split up. I was driving north on the freeway, eating some sushi rolls and thinking of the day ahead when I looked over and there was Jessica waving at me. Turns out that her flight wasn't until TUESDAY! I guess she just wanted another day in the hollow. It was great having her here & I miss the girl already. I'm hoping to head to California to visit her in the spring.

No comments: