Thursday, August 7, 2008

Smooth Moves

There's nothing like a perfectly blended fruit smoothie to end the day. With the abundance of fresh fruit, I could live on these. My favorite: blackberries, peaches, yogurt and a little flaxseed. Yum.

I went on a quick trail ride this morning and got home just before the skies opened up and gave us some much-needed rain. I had an outdoor project planned -- to take advantage of the cooler weather -- but postponed it yet again. Instead, I worked on a new business idea I have and cleaned up my bedroom. It's still the only room downstairs I haven't painted. I was thinking of a chocolate brown & soft pink, but now am leaning toward the chocolate with a slate blue. I can't make up my mind. Whatever color I end up with, it definitely won't be as dramatic as the bathroom.

My biggest disappointment of the day was the Favre-Jets deal. Call me a traitor, a dreamer or whatever, but I was still holding out hope he'd go to the Vikings. We may end up with what's-his-name Pennington, who was released from the Jets. It looks like another typical Purple season -- and they are still in training camp in Mankato.

Looking forward to the weekend. Hopefully, I'll have something more exciting to blog about than smoothies & paint colors.

No comments: