Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Patience

You know the saying, "You plan, God laughs"?

It's true. So very true.


I'm not where I planned to be this week! I had everything all planned out and everything was falling into place. Then it rained. And rained. And the event I was going to cover for Connection magazine was postponed a week.


But I'm not complaining too much. I'm getting a lot done at home. I just haven't been blogging much because, well, I'd rather get paid to write. And the new freelance gig I have is turning out to be a gem. If I didn't have so many other projects going on, I would be writing more around the clock. I'm trying to pace myself so it doesn't get old, but I don't think that's going to be a problem.


The creek is finally drive-over-able (yeah, not a word, but whatever), at least barely for my car. Of course, it may not be that way over the next few days, since Mother Nature is dumping more rain on us. So my car's parked a mile up the road on the other side of the creek. All I have to do is figure out how to get TO it when I need to get out Thursday or Friday.


We had some much-needed sunshine today. My new sunpatiens is turning out to be my favorite plant ever. I think I'm going to get more of these next year -- with full sun and at least 2-3 blooms going all the time, it's gorgeous.






No comments: