Monday, April 6, 2009

Caution: Explosive

Last time I checked, propane was an explosive gas.

However, my propane delivery guy must not have gotten the memo. He usually arrives at my house with a lit cigarette dangling from his mouth. He's even gone up to my propane tank and opened the valve with the cigarette still smoking. I'm not sure if he has no fear...or what. Draw your own conclusion. I should also mention that his first name is hyphenated with -Bob. It freaks me out and I try to stay as far away as possible when he is here. (The cigarette, not the name.)

Propane has been the bane of my existence (and budget) over the past six months. The regulator on my tank went out in January, leaking a couple hundred bucks of propane out into thin air. And since I have such a big-butt tank, I have to put quite a bit in it to keep the pressure up. Low pressure means that my tankless water heater pilot goes out all the time. Which means cold water!

Lest you think I am complaining too much, I should say that I am grateful that my house didn't blow up from the leak, and that I have enough money and support to keep putting propane in the tank. Here's to a warm house and hot water!

No comments: