Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Bathroom FAIL

No worries, people. This blog is not potty humor.

If you've ever been in my house, you know the bathroom had some white(ish) linoleum, and the laundry room was just a concrete floor. Rather blah.

About a month ago, the boyfriend put in some lovely tile in the bathroom & laundry room for me. It added a lot of "wow" factor -- and only emphasized my poor color choice of bathroom paint and the dreariness of the unfinished concrete wall & floor in the laundry room.

No big deal, right? Paint is relatively cheap.

The bathroom was the first room in the house that I painted, and let's just say the color turned out a bit (ok, a lot!) brighter than I planned. Apparently, I got better at my color choices as time went on, because I love all the other colors I've used in other rooms of the house. Or so I thought.

I picked out what I thought were two good, soft colors for the bathroom, colors that complemented the mocha-ish-ness of the tile. On one of my recent road trips, the boyfriend offered to start the paint job. Of course, I was more than happy to let him do the work.

Turns out the blue (ok, maybe it was more like a turquoise) in the bathroom was extremely difficult to cover up, but he got it done. I couldn't wait to see the bathroom, thinking it was going to be fab-u-lous.

Well. I failed on that one. Once again, the bathroom paint color sucks. Plus, I somehow thought that semi-gloss was a good idea. Now, you feel like you are in a bucket of melting vanilla ice cream -- the cream-ish color I picked out turned out to be the exact color of my bathtub. Oops.

So. No pictures, and no home tours right now.

Oh well. Paint is relatively cheap. Hopefully the third time will be the charm.

No comments: