Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Country Living...

You know you live in the country when...is a recurring topic with me! I go through times when I am absolutely sick of living in the country, and other times I cherish it. It seems to be pretty middle-of-the-road lately, although the itch for a road trip is starting to arise. (No worries, I have one planned already!)

You know you've lived in the country too long when someone picks on you for using the term "y'all" on Facebook.


You know you live in the country when the voting precinct's parking lot is mostly grass.


You know you live in the country when you look out your bedroom window and see THIS:

Yeah. Nice. That thing was heavier than I thought it would be! Not quite sure how it got there (Baxter didn't seem to want to claim the body), and I'm not certain I really want to know, either.

Watching the election results roll in -- I'm really only interested in how the Proposition B vote went here in Missouri. I'm also obsessing over the contest results over on pioneerwoman.com -- she was having a drawing for people to come and spend a weekend at THE Lodge. Please, please, please, please pick me!!!

I'm planning on getting back in the saddle tomorrow for the first time since losing Johnny. Gonna be bittersweet.


No comments: