Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Focus

This week, I've been playing with a new camera: a Canon Rebel SLR camera. What fun! The weather has not really been conducive to taking outdoor pictures (everything's brown, windblown and overcast), but I tried my hand at some action pictures last night.


I had a ball taking the pics and really liked the speed of the camera -- I could take pictures continuously, rather than wait for the camera to catch up. By the end of the game, I had about 150 pictures.


Let me clarify. One hundred and fifty blurry pictures.







That's what happens when you don't read & memorize the owner's manual from cover to cover. But I learned my lesson. The camera has to be changed to a different setting so I can change the ISO (shutter speed) to a higher number. Simply putting the camera on the "Action" setting doesn't do the job in a fast-moving setting like a basketball game. Oops.

I can't wait for the next game. I'm hoping to make it to Will's third-grade team's game on Saturday -- the shorter, slower players should be great subjects.





No comments: