Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Llama Llove

Believe it or not, I've never really been around llamas before. Sure, I've seen them from afar and read about them, but never actually petted one. I know they are good guard animals for a herd of goats. I know they spit when they are angry. And that is about the sum of my llama knowledge.

Then on Sunday I got to meet Thunderbolt.

This guy is the newest addition at the Hamiltons' farm. Is he cute or what? He is a bit of a shy fella around strangers, but I plan to win him over -- and probably take a few more pictures once he befriends me.

I didn't know llamas came in a spotted version. Until I saw Thunderbolt. Doesn't he look soft and huggable.

I didn't know they "hummed."

I had to look them up on Wikipedia to find out more. A baby llama is called a cria. Llamas have an attached tongue, which means they can't stick their tongue out to lick other animals (or you!).

Watch for more pictures once he settles in at his new home.

No comments: